Twitter

domingo, 22 de marzo de 2009

A Little Math on the Car Trip? Why not!

A Little Math on the Car Trip? Why not!

Wednesday March 18, 2009
When my kids were younger and still in school, I used to try to come up with games in the car that would also help both their literacy and numeracy skills. After all, they always seem to have homework in either math or language, so I knew it would only help to keep them positive about the subjects. I used everything from license plates to types of cars, distance and road signs to engage them in a little math drill or problem solving. I did find out that key to keeping the activity fun was to never embark on any one of the activities for longer than 10-20 minutes, then change it up. Try a few of these activities on your next car trip, especially with spring break around the corner.

No hay comentarios: